A Non-Mystery Reader's Review of "Murder on the Orient Express"

 

I'm not someone who typically gravitates toward the mystery genre, partially because I am easily scared, but also because I find that a lot of mystery novels, movies, etc. have tropes that are quite overdone. Much to my surprise however, Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express had me captivated from start to finish.

The story certainly included many common mystery devices, but also incorporated several unexpected plot twists that left me in anticipation until the last page. Moreover, while the book had some elements of drawn-out suspense, it was not as eerie as many other mystery novels, much to my relief. 

Reading this book in many ways felt like watching a movie, and I could picture all of the characters and settings perfectly in my head thanks to Christie's thorough descriptions. Murder on the Orient Express assembles the perfect cast of characters, and creates a fascinating whodunnit scenario. 

If you're looking to read a not-too-scary yet captivating murder-mystery novel with an unexpected twist, look no further than Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express.


Comments

Popular Posts