Book Review: The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket

Genre: Fiction
Ages: 8+
Rating: 8.5/10

     I may seem redundant saying this, but I genuinely feel as though this Series of Unfortunate Events gets better and better with each book I read. This 10th chapter of the Baudelaire's story explained many questions from the previous nine novels, while at the same time creating more mysteries in need of being solved. I've said it once, and I'll say it twice: if you have yet to read these books, please do so RIGHT AWAY! Readers both young and old will find something to appreciate in Snicket's satirically comical writing style.

About:
     Surrounded by a gang of sinister villains at the top of a desolate wintry mountain, the Baudelaire orphans must once again have all their wits about them as they concoct a plan to save their skins. Just when all hope seems to be lost, the siblings confront an unlikely ally, who just might have the answers to questions that have haunted the three children ever since their parents died. What results is a trying battle of good versus evil, in which the Baudelaire's must come to terms with the moral consequences of their own actions.

Memorable Quote:
"I know that having a good vocabulary doesn't guarantee that I'm a good person, but it does mean I've read a great deal. And in my experience, well-read people are less likely to be evil."

Have you read any of the books in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events before? If so, please tell us what you thought of them, right here at Reading Soup! It's always a pleasure to hear your literary thoughts and opinions. Have an amazing day, and keep on reading!


- The Soup Chef

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts