Book Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Genre: Fantasy
Ages: 9 and Up

     Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts is a busy one indeed. He has a lot of important things on his mind, from private lessons with the headmaster, teenage crushes, and the ever-growing threat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Through it all, Harry must learn to always stay focused and rely on his friends for companionship and support.


     With each book in the Harry Potter series that I have read so far, the plot line gets increasingly darker and more nerve-wracking. Despite all this, J.K. Rowling still manages to keep me as the reader hooked, while incorporating humorous moments into the story at the same time. I have truly fallen in love with this series, and appreciate it much more then I ever thought I would have. There is only one book left for me to read in the series now, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and I hope that it will be a solid ending for an exceptionally-written series.


     Have you read any of the books in the Harry Potter series before? If so, tell us what you thought about them right here at Reading Soup, or on my Google Plus profile page! It's always a pleasure to hear your literary thoughts and opinions. Have a great day, and keep on reading!

- The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts