Book Review: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Genre: Historical Fiction
Ages: 13 and Up

     I had always heard of this book and was told that it was an, "American classic." It wasn't until this year, though, that I actually had a chance to read it. I liked the novel when I first began reading it, but toward the end I felt as though everything was collapsing in a downward spiral. The novel did not turn out to be as amazing as I expected, and though it was definitely not my favorite read, I must say that I'm glad I finally got around to reading it, and was able to check it out for myself.

About:
     George and Lennie are two men of very different characteristics. George is small and smart, and Lennie is one the biggest and strongest men around, but he has the mind of a child. Together, the two roam about California in search of work, and with hopes of someday owning their own piece of land.
     Their dream seems closer then ever when the men land jobs on a ranch in Salinas Valley, but when Lennie chooses an unwise course of action, George must rethink everything, and ultimately choose what's best for everyone.

     Have you read Of Mice and Men before, or another book similar to it? If so, tell us what you thought about it right here at Reading Soup or on my Google Plus profile page! It's always a pleasure to hear your literary thoughts and opinions. Have a great day, and keep on reading!

-The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts