Book Review: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Genre: Sci-Fi
Ages: 12 and Up

                Let me just start by saying that I was extremely disappointed with the ending of this book. The story ended up going in a much different direction than I was thinking it would. And I am extremely upset at the actions of some of the characters in this book. But, I must give credit to Veronica Roth for writing a story with a good plot twist. And furthermore, upset as I was with the ending, I am satisfied with the moral of this story. It perfectly displays the concept of making sacrifices for the ones you love, which is something we all should try to do everyday. All in all, the Divergent trilogy was well-written, but not as good as I was expecting.

About:
               Tris and Tobias find themselves once again in the midst of a rebellion. But this time, the plan is to escape the city altogether, and explore the outside world for the first time ever. After successfully managing to leave, they find themselves at the headquarters for the Bureau of Genetic Welfare. While there, they being to learn what life is like in the rest of the world, and it's no better than it was in the city. All the while, Tris begins to learn more about herself, and what it really means to make sacrifices for the ones you love.

               Have you read this book before or another one similar to it? If so, tell us what you thought about it right here at Reading Soup or on my Google Plus profile page! What was your favorite part? Would you recommend it to other readers? Was it good, or bad overall? It's always a pleasure to hear what you have to say about different books! Have a great summer, and keep on reading!

- The Soup Chef

Comments

  1. It was the best book I've ever read!!! Love the plot and how the characters develop and that Tris truly learns, by the end of the series, the true value of sacrifice. I honestly don't see what you think is wrong with it. And, sorry, but I think the Divergent series is better than the Hunger Games series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jess and for expressing your own opinion about Allegiant. I do agree with you, that it is a well written book. But it just wasn't my personal favorite.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts