Book Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Genre: Sci-Fi
Ages: 13 and Up

                           I must say, I am so upset that I didn't read this book sooner. For quite some time I've been prolonging it (mainly just because I wanted to finish The Maze Runner trilogy) but didn't start until the day before the movie came out. Now I completely regret it! This book was amazing. Author Veronica Roth kept me at the edge of my seat at all times, and there were points where I just could not put the book down. This is the perfect read for anyone who's bored and needs some excitement, though I would definitely recommend reading the book before seeing the movie, because it goes into much more detail. But most importantly, I cannot wait to find out what happens next!

About:
                          Beatrice Prior lives in the former city of Chicago, which is now separated into five factions, each valuing and centering their lives around a certain virtue. Beatrice lives in the Abenegation faction, which values selflessness. Once you turn 16 (as Beatrice is), you get the chance to choose a new faction which you stay in for the rest of your life. For some, the choice is obvious. But Beatrice, can't seem to make up her mind. She must decide between her family, or becoming independent and strong. Throughout it all, she discovers new things about herself and others, and begins to take a stand for those she loves.

                          Have you read Divergent before or another book similar to it? If so, tell us what you thought about it right here at Reading Soup or on my Google Plus profile page! What was your favorite part? Was it good or bad? Would you recommend it to other readers? It's always a pleasure to hear your opinions about different books. Happy spring, and keep on reading!

- The Soup Chef





Comments