Book Review: The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr

Genre: Realistic Fiction
Ages: 13 and Up

                      Typically, I am not a big fan of realistic fiction. But this book was very well-written. I had never heard of it before, and the plot sounded interesting enough, so I decided to check it out from the library. At first I was unsure if I liked it or not, but towards the middle I was reading it nonstop! If you're looking for a good read to keep you occupied and entertained, this book is just for you.

About:
                      Lucy used to be a famous pianist with big plans ahead of her. But terrible tragedies and too much pressure caused her to quit. Soon enough she finds herself lost inside, and in a rather uncomfortable family situation. Then her brother gets a new piano teacher, Will. He's different from anyone she's ever met, and she can be herself around him. Slowly, he leads her back to the piano, and this time on her own terms.

Have you read this book before or another one similar to it? If so, tell us what you though about it right here at Reading Soup or on my Google Plus profile page! It's always a pleasure to hear your opinions about different books. Keep on reading, and have a cozy winter!

- The Soup Chef
                   

Comments

Popular Posts