Book Review: The Call of the Wild by Jack London

Genre: Historical Fiction
Ages: 11 and Up

The Call of the Wild wouldn't have been one of my first book choices when I first began reading, it but after I had finished it I wanted to share it with everyone I knew!!! The plot, characters, timing, and setting were all magnificent! Jack London truly did do a great job at illustrating what life in the wild North is like. I think that both middle, young adult, and adult readers would all enjoy this book very much. Also, if you are a dog lover, this book will have a great impact on you!

About:
Buck has lived in the sun-kissed Santa Clara valley in Southern California for all his life. But one day he gets stolen from his kind master and is taken all the way north to a strange, cold, and icy land, far different than what he is used to. Slowly though he begins to be transformed into a whole new creature as he finally hears and recognizes, The Call of the Wild.

Have you read this book before? Well, if you have just tell me right here at Reading Soup or on my Google Plus profile! What was your favorite part? Was it good or bad? Would you recommend it to other readers? It's always great to hear your thoughts and opinions about books you've read. Have a great school year and keep on reading!!!

-The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts