Book Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Genre: Science Fiction
Ages: 10 and up

Even though this book (just like its two partners that lead up to it) was very well written, I thought that it was my least favorite of the trilogy. I felt like too many people died or ended up in places where I as a reader felt that they didn't belong. It also made me kind of sad when I finished it. Also, I was sad to know when I finished the book that the series was finally at an end for me. I kind of wanted it to keep on going. But then again, what else was there left to write about it? Suzanne Collins ended it on a beautiful note.

About:

District 12 has been destroyed. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. Gale and 800 other refugees from District 12 have escaped to District 13, which really does exist. The rebellion is going at full speed now. Many of the districts are now free from the Capitol's painful grip. District 13 is making itself known once again. Most importantly, Katniss Everdeen is still alive.

She feels frustrated though ever since the Quarter Quell escape was made because she seems to have no part in plans happening in the rebellion. Everyone seems to know everything about it except for her. But the strength of it all depends on her. Not to mention countless lives in the districts are now her new responsibility. She must put away her anger towards everyone and do what no other person in the entire rebellion can do--be the rebel's mockingjay.

If you have read Mockingjay before, please tell me what you thought of it right here at Reading Soup! Was it good or bad? What was your favorite part? Would you recommend it to other reader's? I'll be sure to post it on the blog! Happy Mother's Day!!

-The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts