Book Review: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

Genre: Fantasy
Ages: 9-12

I really enjoyed the adventure that this book had. I also liked how the story does not take place in Narnia because it added more excitement as they discovered unknown lands and uncharted seas with all sort of creatures and people. Both boys and girls would appreciate this book.

About:
Lucy and Edmund are back in Narnia again. This time though, they are accompanied by their grumpy cousin Eustace. They meet Prince Caspian and decide to join him on his journey to the Lone Islands and beyond to find the Seven Lost Lords that his Uncle Miraz had sent away while under his rule.

Along the way they encounter sea serpents, slave traders, dragons, water that turns things to gold, a sea covered with lilies, dufflepuds, a magician, retired stars, and Aslan himself. Will they ever find the Seven Lords? And what awaits them at the world's end?

My favorite part in this book is when the dufflepuds have Lucy go upstairs and recite the spell in the magician's book to make them visible again. I liked it went Lucy was looking at the spells on the different pages. Some of them seemed kind of weird but some seemed interesting as well.

Have you read this book before? If you have, tell me what you thought of it! Was it good or bad? What was your favorite part? Tell me here at Reading Soup and I'll be sure to post it as soon as I can! Thank you!

-The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts