Book Review: The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

Genre: Fantasy
Ages: 9-13

I think that this Narnia book was really well written. I could see the images clearly in my mind and liked how it put a great excitement in me to read it! I could even see it being a good movie since they are making movies of the series. Boys and girls would both appreciate and enjoy this book but I'd keep a dictionary next to me while reading it so I could look up the words I don't know very well since there were many of them.

About:
During Narnia's Golden Age, a young boy named Shasta discovers that he is not the son of Arsheesh, the Calormene fisherman. He and a horse named Bree decide to run away to Narnia and the North. When he becomes mistaken for another boy, Shasta is led to discover who he really is and even meets his real father.

Along the way they make friends in a Tarkheena named Aravis and a horse named Hwin. Together they fight lions, disguise themselves as slaves, and cross hot deserts. Shasta even meets Aslan and realizes where he's been throughout his entire journey.

Have you read The Horse and His Boy before? If you answered yes to that question, tell me what you thought about it! Books are great so sharing what you thought of them with people helps others know about them so that they can read it too! Keep on reading!
-The Soup Chef

Comments

Popular Posts